Infection Control Download PDF
To be able to contain and control infections effectively in Care Home SettingsLearning Outcomes
- Understand the different kinds of pathogen
- Be aware of how pathogens spread through the chain of infection
- Know how outbreaks are problematic in a care home environment.
- Recognise the symptoms, controls and treatment regarding the common infections within care homes.
- Be aware of the legislations in place regarding controlling infections.
- Know the roles and responsibilities of employers and care staff
- Understand the protocols in place with an outbreak occurs
- Recognise the procedures that must be undertaken when admitting a new resident.
- Know how to undertake a deep clean
- Recognise good hand hygiene habits
- Know the steps to take to effectively wash hands
- Understand the importance and use of PPE
- Be aware of the best practice regarding Barrier Nursing
- Know how to handle contaminated and dangerous materials
- Explore the possible outcomes of poorly controlled infections.
This course is aimed at all those who provide residential care.